Simple Steps to Solve
There are some simple tips you can try to solve this problem from your end. We will go over some advance troubleshooting tips later. In any case, you should try these tips first because many times, the 404 Not Found Error can be solved rather quickly.
- Refresh page – The first thing you should do is simply refresh. You can press Ctrl+F5 to force a refresh on the page. The error may appear just because the page wouldn’t load.
- Clear browser’s cache and cookies – If you are able to visit the page from another device, such as your phone, clearing the cache and cookies will usually solve the problem.
- Check the URL – Make sure that the URL inputted correctly. This includes spelling of the URL, correct slashes, file extension of the page and so forth.
- Scan for Malware – There are some malware files that will force a 404 Error on websites. It’s imperative to make sure your computer is clean and not compromised.
- Contact the Webmaster – Go ahead and send a message to the webmaster and let them know of the 404 error. If you are the website owner then contact your hosting provider for more information. If the server is encountering problems, it may return 404 errors.