How much does Dr. Dan’s Science Cost for Mesa Valley Community School Students?
If you are enrolled in Mesa Valley Community School, (MVCS) then your family cost of the course is approximately 40% of the total tuition cost. MVCS will pay the remaining 60% of the tuition. MCVS will pay for Dr. Dan’s in class lab, lab handout, lab quizzing, and lab supplies. Your family will pay for Dr. Dan’s in class lectures, class quizzing, and online access.
|Course||Total Cost||Total Cost per Semester||Family Semester Cost for the lecture portion||Family Monthly Cost for the lecture portion||MVCS fundable Semester Cost for the lab portion|
|General Science (64 hrs*)||$594.00||$297.00||$118.80||$26.40||$178.20|
|Physical Science (72 hrs*)||$620.00||$310.00||$124.00||$27.56||$186.00|
|Biology (96 hrs*)||$880.00||$440.00||$176.00||$39.11||$264.00|
|Chemistry (96 hrs*)||$880.00||$440.00||$176.00||$39.11||$264.00|
|Advanced Biology (96 hrs*)||$880.00||$440.00||$176.00||$39.11||$264.00|
*Hours refers to in class time with Dr. Dan. Other hours at home will vary.
Additionally, MVCS will cover costs for Dr. Dan’s Lab Handouts ($15/year), lab supplies, kits, and equipment needed for your particular course.
Estimated lab supply cost per course:
- General Science: Varies: $0 – $20/year These include items mostly from your home; paper towels, cup, bowl, Goggles etc.
- Physical Science: Varies: $0 – $20/year These include items mostly from your home; paper towels, cup, bowl, Goggles etc.
- Biology: Varies: $0 – $300+/year These lab supplies include microscope, slides (blank and pre-made), dissection kit, specimens, latex gloves, paper towels, Goggles, etc.
- Chemistry: Varies: $0 – $100+/year These lab supplies include Chemistry lab kit, paper towels, Goggles, etc.
- Advanced Biology: Varies: $0 – $300/+year These lab supplies include microscope, slides (blank and pre-made), dissection kit, specimens, latex gloves, paper towels, Goggles, etc. gloves, paper towels, etc.
Here are the discounts we offer on the above pricing:
(The discounts below will taken from the family portion of the cost. The cost that MVCS pays for the lab portion will remain the same.)
- Online Registration Discount: $10 off once per year
- Early Bird Discount: 10% off if registered with a deposit by March 31st
- Referral Discount: 10% of the tuition from whom you referred once paid in full. There is no limit to this discount. For further details click here.
- Point Person Discount: $25 off good once per school year. For further details click here.
- The multiple student or multiple course discount: Multi-student discount is for the immediate family, usually living in the same location. If you have more than one student taking Dr. Dan’s class in a year or the same student is taking multiple classes in the same year then take the following percentage off each class that your family is paying for:
|# of Children Enrolled||% off per child|
|2 Students or courses||5%|
|4 or more||Contact us for Discount|
|Coop/Group||Contact us for Discount|
Example of cost for the General Science class with discounts:
|Course||Total Cost||MVCS Pays (60%)
||Family Pays (40%)
|General Science (64 hrs*)||$594.00||$356.40||$237.60|
|-$10.00||Less online registration discount|
|-$59.00||Less early bird discount|
|$168.60||Total family payment for a semester after discounts|
|$18.73||Monthly family payment for 9 months after discounts|